Looking for new inspiration for your breakfast or a change at the breakfast table? Then Jamie Oliver has the perfect Jamie Oliver recipe for you.
The celebrity chef’s breakfast creation resembles the classic omelette, thanks to which it will keep you busy. Protein keeps you full longer and lets you start the day with energy.
For a healthy breakfast in just one pan
After all, you don’t have to wait long in the kitchen after breakfast, because all you have to do is wash the pot. Depending on your taste, you can change the ingredients for Jamie Oliver’s breakfast. There are ideas for this at the end of the article.
Jamie Oliver’s One Pan Breakfast: The Ingredients
The recipe is for three meals, but it can be easily changed according to appetite and the number of people. One serving is 378 cc.
- 160 grams of tomatoes
- A handful of mushrooms
- 4 large eggs
- 3 slices of bread
- 3 pieces of pork
- 3 sausages (eg bratwurst, alternatively chorizo or salami are also suitable)
Jamie’s Breakfast: Step by Step
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bacon and sausage and cook in a little olive oil for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the meat from the oven and reduce the heat.
- Cut them into quarters or halves, depending on the size of the tomatoes. Now put them in a pot and let them cook together with the mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Now break the eggs into the pan. Jamie Oliver Use a wooden spoon to spread the egg whites over the pan and around the vegetables, creating a frisbee shape.
- Cut the meat and the plates into small pieces and spread them in a pan. Cook everything with a lid until the eggs are done. Now you can season the omelet to your liking and serve.
Healthy twists on Jamie Oliver’s breakfast
Of course, you’re allowed to treat yourself, but let’s face it, bacon and sausage can’t fit into a healthy diet because of their high fat content.
But you can still enjoy easily swapping the material. The chef recommends the following variations on his website.
- Avocado, tomato, hot chili, some light cheese and egg
- Smoked salmon, fresh spinach leaves and eggs
- Mushrooms, fresh spinach, feta and egg
- Halloumi, mushroom and egg
You can easily adapt the recipe to your food preferences and eating habits.