Finally, it’s time for pumpkin pie – with only 5 ingredients!
Are you shopping and a variety of colorful pumpkins greet you on the supermarket shelves? Then it’s definitely time for the first pumpkin pie of the season!
Butter in the oven with oil, spices and feta-vegetable filling, Hokkaido in a delicious cream sauce … or just one of the many varieties made with the most amazing moist pumpkin cake, the color invites us to bite right away. Pumpkin is simply a great ingredient, and the sweet version tastes especially good to us. We have a delicious recipe for you that will allow you to slide into autumn without hesitation.
Ingredients: What you need for the cake
- 3 large eggs
- 90 grams of sugar
- 120 g pumpkin puree (store bought or homemade)
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin spice (optional: cinnamon)
- 120 grams of flour
- (optional) 1 tsp baking powder
Tip: Want to make your own pumpkin puree? Few species are suitable for this. Butternut, Jack be Little, nutmeg or Hokkaido, for example, are suitable for homemade puree. Remove the flour from these, cook until soft and then rinse. Usually five to ten minutes of immersion in boiling water is enough for the blender to do the job.
Instructions: The treatment is very easy to do
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Now combine the eggs with sugar and whisk for five minutes, until a smooth mass is formed. It should be approximately three times the size.
- Add the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice and mix everything with the mixer for another minute.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and gently fold it into the mixture so the eggs don’t fall on top of themselves. It is best to use a kitchen spatula or spoon.
- Grease and flour an 8″ x 8″ sheet pan.
- The cake is baked for about 50 minutes. But after 35 minutes, check if the toothpick sticks to the powder. Depending on the oven, the cooking time can vary greatly. If you can remove the toothpick cleanly, the pan is ready to remove from the oven. Then let the cake cool a little.
- Cut the cake into slices and decorate with a little cream and a mixture of castor-sugar – or a little powdered sugar if you like. enjoy your meal!
Source used: imagelicious.com